Come Visit Me at A Conference: Fall 2010 Version

Finally healthy, I'm elbows-deep in e-reserves planning for next semester, planning to help my ILL librarian really hit the turbo button on ILLiad, and counting the days until WMS implementation. In addition to that, if you're on the late-fall conference circuit, I do hope you'll stop by and see me as I travel to Monterey, CA, Maryville, MO, and Atlanta, GA in these next few weeks.


For those of you going to Internet Librarian in Monterey, on Monday, October 25th, I'll be splitting the time with fantabulous librarian Bobbi L. Newman and talking about "Libraries in a Transliterate, Technology Fluent World." We're on at 11:00am, which should give you all time to recover from your hangovers. Um, I mean, from all that hard thinking you did on Sunday night. Ahem.


On Friday November 5, I'll be presenting at Brick and Click: An Academic Library Symposium. From 9:10 to 10:00am I'll be speaking about "Leveraging Technology, Improving Service: Streamlining Student Billing Procedures," and from 2:00-2:50pm I'll be presenting "Managing the Multi-generational Library." Please be sure and stop by to say hello at one (or both!) if you'll be in Maryville!


On Friday, November 12, I'll be presenting "Mapping, Managing and Improving Staff Performance in Access Services" at the 2010 Access Services Conference in Atlanta, GA. I've not been down to Atlanta in ages, so do poke me if you're around and want to talk libraries.


Safe travels to all, and I look forward to sitting in on your sessions and learning something new!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Impressions & Customer Service Failures

The Dissertation Problem and ProQuest's "Legitimacy" Lie

On the Great Myth of the Librarian Grays